Pages

Monday, March 14, 2011

list 14: things i love about michigan

**Sleeping Bear Dunes

Steam Pig
Courtesy: Svetlana

**Mackinac Bridge

GR Skyline
Courtesy: Svetlana

**Mackinac Island

**Countless inland lakes

**Sunsets

**Grand Haven

**Changing leaves

**The consistency of Lake Michigan


I’ve lived in Michigan my entire life, and for nearly as long as I can remember, I wanted nothing more than to escape. It wasn’t until recently that I realized just how madly in love I am with this state. We haven’t had it easy and we can’t seem to catch a break. Industries have died; jobs are few; stresses are many. But it’s the pure and simple beauty of this place that remind me, and my fellow Michiganers, that we will make it through, and we will thrive once again. You’re not on your own, Michigan.

life is (belonging)

No comments:

Post a Comment