Pages

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

springsteen redux

Oh. My. God.

You guys, the concert was awesome. Seriously, seriously awesome. 

Photo: This is my excited face.
Walking to Wrigley. This is my excited face, obviously. 

We opted for the cheapest seats and ended up sitting in the upper deck, between home plate and first base. Despite being pretty far away from the stage, we really did have a great view. (Although next concert, I'm getting in the pit. For real.)

Pre-concert view of the stage and the skyline from our seats. 

I could hardly contain my excitement. Although it looked like we were going to get hit with a pretty good storm, the rain held off. I kept telling everyone that it wouldn't dare rain on my parade, and it didn't!

Opening set.

The Boss opened with "Prove it All Night," and went on to play some of my favorites including "Hungry Heart," "Wrecking Ball," and "City of Ruins" (which brought me to tears). Eddie Vedder (!) joined Bruce onstage for "Atlantic City." And I was so excited to hear "Spirit in the Night," from my favorite album, Greetings from Asbury Park. My dad was pumped to hear his favorite, "Darlington County." One of the best moments of the entire show was when Bruce brought up a little girl from the audience to sing "Waiting on a Sunny Day" with him on stage. I about died.

Encore.

Bruce and E-Street played just minutes shy of 3 1/2 straight hours. His nearly hour-long encore included many of my favorites: "Thunder Road," "Born to Run," "Dancing in the Dark," "Tenth Avenue Freezeout," and the rarely-played "Jungleland." The concert ended with a fun cover of "Twist and Shout." (Which I'm really hoping was a nod to Ferris Bueller's Day Off.)

I've said it before and I'll say it again: the man is a poet and a saint, and damn can he put on a show. I spent the night singing, dancing, and drinking Old Style. I would say everything about it was a success. 

Me, Kyle, and my little sister

(On a side note, please forgive the less-than-quality pictures. They were all taken on my phone and I was shaking the entire time from either excitement or dancing. Worth it.)

What's the best concert you've ever seen?

1 comment:

  1. favorite concert ever was tom petty! and you look GORGEOUS in that last pic of ya'll :)

    ReplyDelete