Pages

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Life Lately

Christmas in Grand Rapids.

After my marathon blogging last month thanks to 30 Days Hath November, I was feeling really inspired and looking forward to writing up a storm in December. Then December arrived and I've been drawing a big fat blank. I open up a blank post and sit and stare at the blinking cursor for five minutes, type a few sentences, delete them, then decide to try again the next day. Repeat, repeat, repeat. Does this ever happen to you?

Life is always busy this time of year. Dinners with friends, girls nights, and Christmas preparations are filling my evenings and weekends. I'm happy to report that I'm enjoying the holiday season more this year than usual. No Grinch here! Kyle and I chopped down (sad face) and decorated our Christmas tree. I must admit, it looks gorgeous glowing in our window. I'm really making an effort relax and not stress about presents and shopping and baking. Little by little, everything is getting done. And I know that come Christmas Day, everything will work out. 

Shannon is coming up to GR tomorrow for the night to go shopping and eat sushi. The annual F***ing Classy Christmas Party is this weekend, and I'm so looking forward to my absolute favorite party of the year. Our friends have been throwing this little shindig since our college days. I love any excuse to put on a fancy dress and drink wine with my favorite people. 

I guess what I'm trying to say is that life is good. I'm ready to finish out 2012 with a bang. Here's to a joyous season!

No comments:

Post a Comment