Pages

Friday, July 15, 2011

i solomnly swear that i am up to no good

Obviously, I have been (somewhat) MIA; but it was for a (somewhat) good reason. Well, I'll let you be the judge...

I was playing catch-up so that I could go see Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 at midnight. (And by "playing catch-up," I mean reading all 7 books and watching all 7 movies in the span of just over 3 weeks.)


Seriously intense.

I had never read any of the HP books or watched any of the movies growing up. The exploits of a teenaged boy wizard didn't really appeal to me. Obviously, I was mistaken.

And now, 4,100 pages and 17.5 hours of movies later, I can proudly call myself a member of Dumbledore's Army, as my dear friend Lauren so kindly put it. Can I just say, after seeing the final movie last night that it was so, incredibly worth it?


I'll be back with more soon. I hate neglecting this little corner of the blog world, and all of your lovely blogs. Now, I'm off to walk downtown to pick up our marriage license. (!!!)

Happy Friday, friends.
Thanks, Harry, for making this mess that is unemployment just a bit more bearable.

1 comment:

  1. I was just thinking about you and wondering where the heck you went!

    I, too, had mixed feelings about the end of HP. I would love to reread all the books. I always read them right as they came out, but I haven't reread the last couple in a long time. I can't believe you read all of them back to back!!

    ReplyDelete