Pages

Monday, August 1, 2011

six places


1) Sleeping Bear Dunes.


I've said it before and I know I'll say it again: I love this state. Sleeping Bear Dunes and the surrounding area (lovingly referred to as simply, "up north") might just be my favorite place on earth. The beauty of Lake Michigan just never gets old.

2) Mackinac Island.


This island is a treasure often unknown to people who aren't from Michigan. Mackinac is known for its beautiful Victorian houses and hotels, gorgeous Great Lake-frontage, and its delectable fudge. Oh, and no cars are allowed, so everyone gets around by either horsedrawn carriage, bike (see above) or foot.

3) Theodore Roosevelt Island.
 
source
 If I didn't have such an infatuation with Lake Michigan, I would want to Washington, D.C. Someday, I would love to make this place home. My favorite spot is TR Island; the beauty of nature in the midst of the hustle and bustle.

4) Wrigley Field. 


source

I'm a Cubs fan. Guilty. Wrigley (and Chicago in general, really) is home to some of my favorite memories, starting from a very young age. There's nothing like rootin' for the Cubbies and drinking an Old Style.

5) London.
source
Of all the places in the world I've dreamed of going in my life, London really never topped the list, until recently. However, in the past year or so for whatever reason I've been drawn to this place. Reading Harry Potter has only fueled the flame. Trip to Kings Cross, anyone?

6) The early 1900s.
Victorian-era reinactors @ the Grand Hotel on Mackinac Island.
Ok, I know this is weird, but I have a thing for the Victorian era. I dream about going there so often, that sometimes it feels as though it's an actual place. If I could time travel, I'm pretty sure I would go there and not come back.

No comments:

Post a Comment