Pages

Friday, August 5, 2011

two songs


1) For You (Live Version)--Bruce Springsteen.



I'm a HUGE fan of the Boss and pretty much all of his music, but this has got to be my favorite song, hands down. It was originally released on his first album, Greetings from Asbury Park, but the subsequent live versions are more raw and have a grittier feel. This particular live version is my favorite. Seriously, listen to it. You won't be disappointed, I guarantee it.

For you, I came for you, but you did not need my urgency
I came for you, for you, I came for you, but your life was one long emergency

2) Hallelujah--Leonard Cohen (Rufus Wainwright cover).



This song never fails to give me chills. I'm not sure exactly why I'm so drawn to it, but there's days that I listen to it on constant repeat. It has been covered by a wide variety of artists, but this version is by far my favorite.

She tied you to a kitchen chair
She broke your throne
She cut your hair
And from your lips she drew the hallelujah

No comments:

Post a Comment