Pages

Thursday, May 19, 2011

you are beautiful

Yesterday, I was struggling through my evening jog.

Like, really struggling. Muscles were burning in my legs that I didn't even know I had, and I was huffing and puffing like crazy. My cheeks were bright red and sweat was collecting in pretty much every crevice on my body. True story.

I'm by no means a runner; never have been, probably never will be, but I try. I really, really try. My endurance level is slim to nil, but (most of the time) I feel good about myself when I run. Endorphins and all that.

But yesterday just wasn't cutting it.

To be honest, I felt like a clumsy fat ass, even more so than usual.

Then I saw this.


You are beautiful.

I had to pause. Mid-stride, this moved me nearly to the point of tears. How kind, how true, how beautiful.

What a wonderful reminder to the residents of my neighborhood, my city. May it be a reminder to you today.

You are beautiful.

life is (grand)


No comments:

Post a Comment