Pages

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

sundays with shannon

A few weeks ago, my BFF Shannon visited me in GR.

It was sunny and unseasonable warm, and we had a glorious time. Lattes from Starbucks, walking around the GR Art Museum, and lunch at Sami's Gyros made for a perfect, relaxed day.

Shannon and I have been friends since band camp freshman year of high school. I'd like to say that we've gotten cooler since then, but we're still the same goofy nerds who laugh at inappropriate times and know all the words to "My Maria." (No shame.)

Sometimes, it's just nice to spend time with someone who knows where you come from. Someone who knew you when your hair was wild and frizzy, who spent countless Friday nights baking cookies with you in your parents' kitchen. Someone who you haven't lived in same ZIP code with for five years, but who is there for you just like she always has been and always will be.

I didn't take any pictures during the weekend because we were too busy talking, so enjoy this picture of us acting goofy at my wedding.


I'm just so grateful to have such a good friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment