Pages

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

contentment (or something like it)

Sometimes, it's ok to just be ok.

I was thinking about this a few weeks ago while I walked downtown to meet Morgan and Darion for coffee. It was sunny, unseasonably warm, and I was on my way to see two of my favorite people in the world.

While I tend to operate in the gray area in many things, with my feelings I'm quite often very black and white: I'm happy, or I'm not. I've slowly come to realize that this doesn't have to be the case.

Although this concept is hardly groundbreaking, it has truly helped my outlook on everyday life. I'm learning to just be. Perhaps that is why I have been stepping back from this blog every so often as of late. I need to just be content with where my life is at right at this very moment, and not worrying about how it would look on my blog.

I'm trying to learn to rejoice in the small victories, and to learn from the defeats.

Some days you are the pigeon, some days you are the statue Funny Saying Art Print
(source)

And on this day, right now, right at this very moment, I am happy. But almost more importantly, I am content. I have a loving husband, family, and close friends. The sun is shining, and I got to watch Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade on the big screen last night.

Yes, I would say that I am content. And for now, that is all I can ask.

No comments:

Post a Comment