Pages

Thursday, December 1, 2016

#mittenhiking

Aman Park//May 2016

One of my biggest goals for 2016 was to get outside more. I've always loved nature and being outdoors, so spending two years in grad school hunched over a computer screen in every spare moment just wasn't doing it for me. My friends promised me that when I was done with school, they would go hiking with me. And because they're awesome, they've made good on that promise. 

Enter #mittenhiking. (Almost) every Saturday since March, a group of us have hiked trails all over West Michigan. We've walked along lake shores, through narrow wooded trails, and glanced through the trees in urban parks to see the skyline of our city. As of this writing, we've hiked 100 miles this year. I'm so proud of this accomplishment and so grateful to have friends who are eager to get up early on Saturday morning just to go play outside.

If you're on Instagram, check out our #mittenhiking hashtag to see the beauty of our state throughout the seasons and a few pictures of the amazing people who make it happen every weekend. This past year, nature has really become my refuge and I think many of my friends would say the same. All this fresh air has really gone to my head. 

Provin Trails//April 2016
Riverside Park//July 2016

Luton Park, July 2016
Prairie Wolf Park//Oct 2016
Prairie Wolf Park//Oct 2016

Millennium Park//Nov 2016


Yankee Springs Recreation Area (Devil's Soup Bowls)//Nov 2016

Yankee Springs Recreation Area (Hall Lake)//Nov 2016
Wahlfield Park//Sept 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment