Pages

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

5 Lessons I Learned from "Sheepish"

After the urging of a few friends via Instagram, where I always post what I'm currently reading, I decided to take another stab at reviewing the books I've read. Although I consider myself a lifelong reader, I often find it difficult to express my thoughts on the books that I've read. I've always wanted to be better with this, and the only way to get better is to practice, so let's just dive right in! 
----------



Written by Catherine Friend

1) I never knew that wool could be so interesting and could have So. Many. Uses. And did you know that wool itself doesn't make you itchy, it's typically how it's treated that causes irritation? (Case in point: wool underwear is a thing. So now you know.)

2) Sheep birth described in detail is about as fascinatingly disgusting as you would think it would be.

3) Farming is hard. Like, really hard.

4) Sproinging is the term for when a sheep jumps in the air, with all four legs off the ground. This is typically done out of excitement, and I can only imagine it's absolutely adorable.

5) "Beginnings can happen anywhere, even in the middle."

Long story short: Enjoyable memoir, funny writer, small farms rock.

2 comments:

  1. I love the quote "beginnings can happen anywhere, even in the middle". That gave me chills.

    Also I found this video that you might like :)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLEBKY7baBg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh. My. God. That is the cutest thing I've ever seen. :)

      Delete