Pages

Thursday, July 5, 2012

reeds lake run

Last Saturday, I ran in the Reeds Lake Run in East Grand Rapids.

Ugh, why is my face always so red? Yikes.

I'll be honest, it was not my best race. In fact, it was my worst time yet. Although I'm disappointed, I'm proud of myself for trying and I'm ready to do better in the Byron Center 5k at the end of this month.

I'm still learning how to run in 90 degree heat and humidity, which is making my usual training regimen really difficult. Does anyone have any tips for training in this crazy heat?  

1 comment:

  1. OK... coming from a girl that can't even walk down the driveway without getting out of breath this prob doesn't mean much, but YOU ROCK! Even if it wasn't your ideal time, YOU FINISHED... What's even greater is that YOU STARTED! You go girl.

    ReplyDelete