Pages

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

milan's miracle run

Last Sunday, I ran in Milan's Miracle Run at the beautiful Millenium Park in Grand Rapids. The purpose of this 5K is to raise money for pediatric cancer research.

So sweaty.

It was a last-minute decision on my part, but I'm so glad that I opted to participate. The weather was perfect, and I seriously had so much fun. Best of all, I shaved nearly 4 minutes off of my Bridge Run time in September. It's nice to see that pushing myself to run (almost) every day has really paid off.  

I still have a lot of room for improvement, but I'm really proud of myself for getting out there and doing something. Although I won't be running a marathon any time soon, I'm better than I was last year and that's something to be celebrated.

Here's to the River Bank Run next weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Soooo awesome! So proud of you! I'm still way too much of a wimp to try a 5k. Sometime soon...!

    ReplyDelete