Pages

Monday, June 12, 2017

San Francisco Redux: Day One


San Francisco was an absolute dream. 

Kyle and I traveled to the Golden State for a few days back in March, and I wanted to share a bit about the experience. We stayed at a lovely Airbnb in the Inner Sunset neighborhood, within walking distance of gorgeous Golden Gate Park. 

We took an early flight out of GR, picked up our rental car, and headed to Inner Sunset. With a few  hours to kill before we could check into our Airbnb, we explored the neighborhood a bit. Our first stop was Arizmendi Bakery, a small, worker-owned co-op with some of the most wonderful pastries and best (vegan) foccacia. 

After lunch we stumbled on The Great Overland Book Co., a used bookstore with creaky floors and shelves overflowing with old books.



Then, we walked to Golden Gate Park. I'd read about the bison paddock online and I wanted to see if I could catch a glimpse of my favorite animal. The bison did not disappoint. I could have stood there for hours. 



After wandering the park for a bit, we decided to head to the Golden Gate Bridge. I have a thing for bridges and this is one of my favorites. The views were absolutely gorgeous looking out over the San Francisco Bay and the Pacific Ocean. I loved watching the surfers down below and catching a glimpse of Alcatraz in the distance. 


By this time we were exhausted, so we headed to our Airbnb. We ate burritos at a local bar for dinner and then called it a day. Not even 24 hours in, and I was already in love. 


2 comments:

  1. My friends live in Inner Sunset - it is SO BEAUTIFUL. I can't even imagine what life would be like there. (I mean, I know at least for sure it would be very expensive, haha)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would LOVE to live there. Just out of curiosity I looked up apartments one day and was blown away by the cost. A girl can dream. :P

      Delete