Pages

Thursday, March 6, 2014

(Belated) February Favorites

Abbreviated favorites for an abbreviated month. Here's to spring!

1) Of Monsters and Men.

I was first introduced to this band through The Secret Life of Walter Mitty soundtrack and quickly became obsessed. It's difficult to narrow down a favorite song, but these lyrics from "Mountain Sound" really speak to me:

I heard them calling in the distance
So I packed my things and ran
Far away from all the trouble 
I had caused with my two hands


2) Jimmy Fallon and The Muppets sing "The Weight."




This might possibly be the best thing that has ever happened in the history of  everything ever. Or at the very least, in Muppet/Fallon collaborations. This song is so meaningful to me, and to see my favorite Muppet friends sing it moves me nearly to tears. What can I say? The Muppets make me feel feelings.

3) These guys.

Vic, Morgan, & Mo
//Feb2014

With a little wine and a lot of love, these beautiful women always carry me through, even on the grayest of days. 

2 comments:

  1. Ryan and I did the exact same thing after watching The Secret Life of Walter Mitty. They are SO good! He had the song on the soundtrack on repeat for days.

    I really love Jimmy Fallon. The man can do no wrong!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm in total agreement with everything you said. I'm also currently obsessed with any Classroom Instruments cover. I would watch an entire show of Jimmy Fallon and The Roots covering random songs.

      Delete