Pages

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

The truth.



Excuse me while I nerdgasm for a moment, but today is the 20th anniversary of The X-Files and I couldn't let the day pass without marking it in some way. The pilot episode aired on September 10, 1993, thus ushering in an ongoing era of government conspiracy theories, searching for the truth, and shipping Mulder and Scully like it was your job. (Or maybe that last one is just me.) 

I could go on forever about my unnatural love for this show, but instead I'll just leave you with one of my favorite Dana Scully quotes. It may not be the funniest or profoundest or the most well-known. However, it has come to mean a lot to me at this point in my life. There have been some big changes; something that I'm not quite ready to discuss yet. However, I will say that I've felt as though I have been constantly searching, not for aliens, but for truth and meaning within my own life. I'm slowly starting to find it, and this little piece of wisdom from my favorite FBI agent has brought me some insight:

"You will learn that the truth is not found in science or on some unseen plane, but by looking into your own heart." 

And as I continue on this journey of self-discovery, I will remember to remain true to myself, above all else. Thank you, X-Files. For being an escape in these crazy times. For encouraging me to believe. And for being a constant reminder that the truth is out there, whatever that truth may be.

Maybe there's hope. 

No comments:

Post a Comment