Pages

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

midweek rambles

+ I came home from a long day at work on Monday to find this DVD waiting for me on the kitchen counter:

(source)
This is a total guilty pleasure movie of mine, and Kyle surprised me with the DVD because he knew I'd been having a rough few weeks. It's the little things...

+ Now that the streetlights are coming on a little later and the sidewalks are clear, I've been able to start my evening jogs again. I'm surprised how easily I was able to get back in the rhythm of jogging. My goal this year is to run in two 5Ks, and to build my endurance (of which I currently have very little).

+ I've watched the Academy Awards every year since I was 13, and this year was no different. (After a bit of antenea-adjusting to coax our TV into getting more than just 3 PBS channels and The Gospel Network.) At some point during the past decade, watching the Academy Awards has become less about the movies and the red carpet for me, and more about the tradition.

That being said, Penelope Cruz's dress was far and away my favorite. I just love the top.

(source)

Also, it's about damn time Christopher Plummer won an Oscar. 

+ I've been crazy for oranges lately. I eat one at nearly every meal--I just can't get enough! Maybe I've been lacking in Vitamin C. 

+ What I wouldn't give to be sitting on a beach in Cozumel right now. Is a 7 month anniversary too soon to take a second honeymoon?


Cozumel, Mexico
Aug2011

Happy Leap Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment